|Windows Vista will not display help for Craftsman programs
Windows Help (WinHlp32.exe) is a Help program that has been included with Microsoft Windows versions starting with the
Microsoft Windows 3.1 operating system. However, the Windows Help program has not had a major update for many releases and
no longer meets Microsoft's standards. Therefore, starting with the release of Windows Vista, the Windows Help program will
not ship as a feature of Windows. If you want to view 32-bit .hlp files, you must download and install the program below.
- Go to http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6ebcfad9-d3f5-4365-8070-334cd175d4bb&DisplayLang=en
- Click 'Continue' to validate that you have a legal copy of Windows Vista.
- On the following page, click the 'Download' button beside the correct version. In most cases, this will be Windows6.0-KB917607-x86.msu.
- Click 'Run' and follow the instructions.
After the above steps are completed, the following will need to be done in order for Vista to properly use our help files with the Windows Help application:
- Download and run the Craftsman Windows Help Fix file.