If you’re a Colorado construction contractor, you need to be good at writing Colorado construction contracts.
Once installed on your Windows 7, Vista or XP computer, Construction Contract Writer will make it easy to draft enforceable Colorado contracts that fit your jobs precisely and avoid the penalties imposed by Colorado and federal law.
- Omission of a disclaimer creates an implied warranty of workmanlike construction suitable for habitation.
- An interest rate of 15% is imposed when payment terms on a public project don't comply with Colorado Revised Statutes Section 24-91-103.
- Any clause in a public construction contract which would prohibit claims for delay is void under Colorado Revised Statutes Section 24-91-103.5.
- Any clause in a construction contract which would indemnify someone for their own negligence is void under Colorado Revised Statutes Section 13-21-111.5(6).
- Failure to make federal truth in lending disclosures requires restitution of the overcharge and makes the creditor liable for the debtor's attorney fees.
- Failure to include the disclosures required by 12 Code of Federal Regulations § 226.15 extends the right of rescission to three years (rather than three days).
- Omitting insulation disclosures required by 16 Code of Federal Regulation § 460 can result in an $11,000 fine.
When a job goes bad, you better have an iron-clad contract. Consider what happens if you get into a dispute before collecting final payment. An attorney for the other side won't be impressed with your two-page "legal in all 50 states" contract. Most likely, you'll discover that the signed agreement is either partially or totally unenforceable under state law. Game over! You lose. You're not going to collect another dime on that job. Fortunately, there’s a better way.
Just answer a series of questions -- like an interview -- to construct a legal contract for each project you take on. Construction Contact Writer explains in plain English what you need to know before answering an interview question. If you know the job and you know what the job requires, Construction Contract Writer will do the rest.
Whether you are writing commercial or residential construction contracts,
you'll be able to anticipate where disputes could arise and settle them in
the contract before they happen. Then include the warranty protection you
intend, the payment schedule, and create subcontracts from the prime
Resolve key issues in your favor with bias control.
Many contract clauses in Construction Contract Writer suggest a bias that favors either the owner, the contractor or the subcontractor. That allows you to shift burden or risk to a particular party. Want to draft a contract that protects the property owner? No problem. Need an aggressive contract that pushes the limits in your favor? That’s easy. Of course, if you just want a balanced and fair contract, Construction Contract Writer will do that too.
Need legal help drafting a contract?
Construction Contract Writer even includes a feedback button to an attorney on the Craftsman Book Co. staff to help if you get stumped. This service is free, and you can expect a response within 24 hours.
When you’re done, save the contract for future use or modification at a later date. Print contracts directly or export to MS Word or Adobe PDF for electronic delivery or archiving on disk.
Construction contract law changes. But don’t worry -- the first year of updates is included with the purchase price! Your contracts have to change to stay in compliance. That’s why Construction Contract Writer includes an “Update” button. You’ll be invited to click “Update” when a change affects the contracts you’re drafting. A connection to the Web is required.
Even experienced construction contract attorneys will find plenty of useful reference material in Construction Contract Writer.
Construction Contract Writer cites local court decisions and code sections relevant to key interview questions.
Construction Contract Writer System Requirements:
- Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, Vista or XP. Note: Windows 7 and Vista 64-bit now supported.
- PC with 1 gigahertz (GHz) or higher Intel (or equivalent) processor recommended.
- 100 megabytes (MB) of hard disk space.
- 512 MB system memory.
- 800 x 600 video resolution, video adapter and monitor. 1024 x 768 resolution or higher recommended.
- DSL or Cable internet connection is recommended for automatic updates and other optional program features.