Here is all the information you need for estimating and bidding construction and home improvement projects. Explains what you need for a career as a construction estimator, how to construct a take-off from the plans, how to check the details of an estimate, prepare a schedule, deal with subs, and calculate project overhead and profit. Also covers how to estimate remodeling work for typical remove and replace jobs, and include markup for remodeling work. Explains how to profit from estimating commercial work.
Includes the National Estimator stand-alone estimating program with a 50,000 item database for residential, commercial, and home improvement work. A video tutorial, and a program that lets you export completed estimates into QuickBooks Pro for job costing, or progressive billing. Other Craftsman databases are compatible and available by download on the Web.
Contains the database of the National Construction Estimator and the National Home Improvement Estimator.
Interested in getting started right away? This text searchable, PDF version of the book is available to download and comes with the same free estimating software and forms offered with the book. Craftsman eBooks are for use in the freely distributed Adobe Reader and are compatible with Reader 5.0 or above. Get Adobe Reader.
The National Estimator System Requirements:
For Internet access:
- PC with 300 megahertz or higher Intel (or equivalent) processor recommended; 233 MHz minimum required.
- Operating Systems:
- Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows ME or Windows 98SE.
- Requires up to 160 megabytes (MB) of hard disk space.
- Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher resolution video adapter and monitor.
- CD-ROM or DVD drive.
- Keyboard and Mouse or compatible pointing device.
ShowMe Tutorial System Requirements:
- DSL or Cable recommended; 56 kilobytes per second (Kbps) or higher-speed modem minimum.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 (or higher), Netscape 7.1, Firefox 1.0, or Mozilla 1.7 minimum.
- 1024 x 768 or higher video resolution required.
- To listen to video tutorial - Sound card and speakers or headphones.